Nov 4, 2010

From Théo...

Hi!

I am glad to meet you. My name is Théo, I’m fifteen years old, I’m French and I live in Morocco. I used to live in Gabon (a country in the centre of Africa), in Mayotte (a little island between Africa and Madagascar) and of course, in France. It’s a new experience for me to write to other people who live in the U.S.A. Our homework for these holidays was to write an article on this blog, about traditions from a country we know. So, let’s start.

I’m going to talk about a French festival I’ve just been to, “the soup festival”. It’s a festival which takes place in a little village in Lozère, Florac, in the South of France. It took place during this mid-term break. Participants had to cook a soup which passers-by tasted. A jury gave a note for the quality, the flavour, and the smoothness. Then, the first contestants won the gold ladle, the second, the silver ladle and, finally, the third won the bronze ladle. As far as I am concerned, I prepared a soup with my cousins made of many different vegetables which I want to keep secret... We finished fifth but we had great fun!



Good bye and I hope to read soon from your traditions too...

2 comments:

  1. So, your next homework will be to cook this soup for us and bring it at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erf...! It's a secret, I can't! =)

    ReplyDelete