Nov 4, 2010

From Kenza...

"Hi everybody!
My name is Kenza and I’m currently a pupil of "lycee Lyautey" a French school established in Casablanca. Most of my friends are not totally Moroccan which is not my case.
Just so you know and stop wondering how we go to school ... there are actually cars in Morocco and very fine ones. The only places where you can find camels are the beach and in the south of Morocco.
Although I walk to school since it is not very far from my home so I can't dress really as I want. I'm always on my guard because of the assaults that are unfortunately pretty common here.
I am really close to my family especially to my eldest sisters and my nephews.
We try to meet every Sundays for barbecue lunch or on Fridays for couscous with my uncles and cousins etc….Although my family has grown and now counts more than 30 members (only from my mother’s side).
So in the end the only time when we really get all together is Ramadan. For one month all the Muslims which accounts for 92% of Moroccan population fast. We break the fast together at least three or four times a week!
Another religious celebration is coming. Aid el Kebir: we'll have to kill a sheep in a special way to remember the bravery of a prophet. We don't do it but we'll certainly go to my uncle's place to celebrate (or maybe use the three days off to go to Marrakech). The killing part is really disgusting but the eating part is actually pretty tasty and different.

Kenza”

No comments:

Post a Comment