Jun 4, 2011

A One Month Long Dream... by Ana-Isabella



Who has never heard about Cambridge?

For some, this word is synonym of history, for others it is related to the idea of prestige and for many, we have to admit that Cambridge means elitism above all. For me it is none of these…Or maybe it is everything at the time. The best way I could describe this is to say that this university is my dream, my deepest aspiration. I could sound silly trying to reach the most famous university in the world, but it doesn’t matter, as impossible as it could be, it remains my desire. And this summer, I will have the bliss of belonging to this place of discovery and brightness. For one month, I will attend the Cambridge Summer School, making this way a part of my dream come true. I can imagine it, wandering in its gardens, staring at those buildings soaked of history and even myth…I can almost see Newton sitting beneath his apple tree, wondering how everyone is strongly attached to the ground. And then I wake up, coming back from my travel across the time, ready to open my eyes on all the mysteries of what makes us different from animals, men and women, with feelings, emotions. Indeed every morning, I will participate in the Medicine and the Brain course, understanding the fascinating motor which organized this world we live in. This course will allow me to figure out if neurosciences will become the nucleus of my job one day, and represents a pace toward my professional life. I will also have the chance to get to know people from all over the world, discovering new cultures that will surely enrich me. How wonderful it seems to spend one month with new friends in a college created several centuries ago!
I am sure that this month is going to be a life experience in a unique background that will surely make me evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment